All participants of SL14 Birthday Community Celebration (also known as SL14B) must agree to the Volunteer Code of Conduct.
A “Volunteer” means any resident who assists with the SL14B Community Celebration. This includes all Volunteers to include but not limited to Hosts/Hostesses, Greeters, Moderators, Stage Crew, Stage Entertainment, Exhibit Assistants, Sim Coordinators, Land Team, Builders and anyone with advanced access to the SL14B Community Celebration sim regions.
As a Volunteer, you will agree to:
- Comply with Second Life’s® Terms of Service and Community Standards (http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php) and (http://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php)
- Comply with Second Life’s Maturity Rating for General Audiences (G) (http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Maturity-ratings/ta-p/700119): The following content is not appropriate in regions with a General maturity rating; intense, strong language or expletives; nudity or sexual content in textures, sounds, or animations; content depicting sex, strong violence, or anything else broadly offensive; soliciting of chat sex; avatar nudity.
- Monitor your personal appearance and attire. Profile and conduct must be in compliance with Second Life’s TOS and Maturity Rating for General Audiences (G).
- Represent SL14B Community Celebration with respect and pride, and be responsible for conducting yourself with courtesy and appropriate behavior.
- Attend training sessions and read training materials where appropriate.
- Follow through and complete agreed tasks and commitments. If for any reason you cannot attend a scheduled training, shift or any task you have been assigned, contact your lead as soon as you can and let them know so your work can be covered.
- Perform your assigned tasks as you are instructed. If for some reason you have an issue with your assigned task, do not take matters into your own hands. Find a lead or supervisor and discuss the issue with them as soon as possible.
- Provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all participants free from disturbance whether through discrimination, sexual harassment, expressed or implied force, verbal or mental abuse or any other harmful actions.
- Work cooperatively as a team with members of the SL14B Community Celebration and other Volunteers/participants. Since we are a lot of volunteers it only benefits us all to treat one another with respect even in the face of a disagreement. We come together to create these events for the benefit of the community so we should remember why we are here in doing so.
- Display respect and courtesy for participants of SL14B Community Celebration, other volunteers, staff and visitors. If at any time you have a problem with another volunteer or participant and you cannot work it out or find your lead, Instant Message within the Group Chat and ask for a Senior Staff Member to assist you. The Senior Staff is here to help you have the best volunteer experience possible.
- Understand your job title and responsibilities. If you are unsure of what they are see your lead or the person you directly report to. If you are not capable of following instructions or showing up for your assigned duties it may and can lead to your removal as a volunteer from the event.
- Refrain from harassing other volunteers. Any volunteers who habitually harass staff will be removed from the event. If at any time it is determined that you have not adhered to the spirit of this agreement between the organizers of this event and volunteers within reason, it may lead to your removal from the event.
Let’s work together as a team and have a great event!